Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New Release!

French Elegance II
I am thrilled to announce the release of my newest design in the international series --  French Elegance IIFrench Elegance was such a hit that I thought you might also enjoy this one.  It measures 279 x 279 and features motifs representing the French way of life--Tour de France, fluer de lys, haute couture, beret, art, wine, breads, bistros, fragrances, and lavender .  Also several important landmarks such as the Arc de Triumph, Notre Dame, Point du Nour, Statue of Liberty and, of course, the Eiffel Tower are illustrated.  I think this one truly represents the French culture. 

It was model stitched on 40 count hand dyed linen from Lakeside Linen in Vintage Sand Dune using Gloriana Silks.  This design can easily be stitched using one color of floss but I chose to add additional colors to create depth and definition to the piece.  Colors include  Cranberry (main color), Rosewood (optional), and Cinnamon (optional).  I also added just a touch of #4 Petite Gold Braid (also optional).  I truly enjoyed designing and stitching this one and hope you will also.  You can also stitch the smaller motifs for smalls, ornaments, etc.  Feel free to "change it up" to your own personal taste.  I can visualize it in many different colors.  

Until next time.... 

4 comments:

  1. When I first saw this, the first thing I thought of was, "I wonder if she has a London one?". Sorry you don't, but I'm glad I found your blog (and I will be on the lookout for London!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. London/Great Britain is in the works along with Italy and an oriental design. I don't know which will be finished first but hang in there. It is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design....beautiful stitching. I would love to have you model stitch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is fabulous! I was going through the accounts on my website and saw that you had registered an account with me. I hope that I can be of service to you on some of your supplies.

    Thearica Burroughs
    www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

    ReplyDelete